Isabel Toledo for Lane Bryant Fashion Show in New York (Photos)

By: Farrah Estrella

Isabel Toledo for Lane Bryant Fashion Show

The Isabel Toledo for Lane Bryant collaboration was finally
unveiled yesterday at a fashion show that was held at the prestigious Seagram
Building on Park Avenue in New York.

In attendance were la crème of la crème of the plus size
industry including Plus Model Magazine Editor In Chief Madeline Figueroa Jones,
Full Figured Fashion Week creator Gwen DeVoe, as well as some of the top
fashion bloggers and models in the plus size industry such as Robyn Lawley, Ashley Graham and Julie Henderson.

Isabel said about the collaboration with Lane Bryant: “I
want to create a new romantic pop for Lane Bryant’s guest to wear like art in
an easy, carefree, intelligent way”.

Indeed it was, the collection was beautiful; it included a lot
of beautiful pieces such as sheath dresses with matching coats, flowy dresses and tops. It was very
trendy, modern and elegant everything that a plus size woman wants.

The show was also live streamed on the Lane Bryant website
for everyone to see.

This was Lane Bryant’s first ever designer collaboration and
the company just announced a second collaboration with designer Sophie Thealett
. She will be designing a collection of lingerie to be released in the spring.
Take a look at pictures from the show below. What do you guys think about the collection?
Leave your comments.
The Venue before the show

The Press Pit

The Designers Ruben & Isabel Toledo

The Looks On The Show

***Photo Credit Estrella Fashion Report***

By Farrah Estrella

Farrah Estrella is an award winning Latina, plus size, fashion, beauty and lifestyle blogger. A native of the Dominican Republic, she was a previous writer for Examiner.com and has been the editor of the Estrella Fashion Report since 2012. Follow her on twitter at @FarrahEstrella and @EstrellaFReport

Previous Post

Next Post

23 comments

• Shay Jay

March 21, 2014 at 7:38 pm

What I liked most about the line is that it is just so clean and classy. I was thrilled to see many pieces that were below the knee. I am a woman of a certain age and a certain size. So many of the pieces will be flattering for me. Bravo Isabel Toledo exclusively for LB collection.

1. Farrah Estrella

March 21, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Thanks Shay Jay for your comment, I agree with you on the length, I like that a lot too..=) good luck with the contest!!
      Farrah=)

2. Shay Jay

March 21, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Thank you Farah Estrella. *fingers crossed* 🙂

3. Farrah Estrella

March 21, 2014 at 8:35 pm

=)

• Plussize Brittany

March 21, 2014 at 7:44 pm

I'm loving the Isabel Toledo collection a lot, It's for the everyday curvy fashionista to dress for any occasion. When I look at this line "High fashion" comes to mind so good great quality clothing. Im looking forward to shopping the new collection
    My favorites are the black dresses 🙂

• Farrah Estrella

March 21, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Thanks Plus Size Brittany!! good luck..=)

• Autumn

March 21, 2014 at 8:17 pm

I loved that the show is so classic and fun at the same time. This is a line I can see me going to work in and hanging out with friends. My favorite outfit is the black and white graphic trench jacket. That would be my first big purchase of the collection.

1. Farrah Estrella

March 21, 2014 at 8:37 pm

yeah that jacket is very nice Autumn, I love it!!..I also agree that you can go to work and maybe go out with your friends after with the same look..Good luck on the contest!!..=)
      Farrah-

• Kimberly

March 21, 2014 at 8:47 pm

I liked the collection, but after viewing the show last night, I love it. It is elegant, classic, and a touch Bohemian. I saw pieces that were unexpected that I fell in love with immediately. The lookbook didn't do it justice. Thanks Farrah for the image of the black dress 3 ways. I wasn't sold on it until I saw the photo of you wearing it, and now I love it and understand how gorgeous the fit of it is.

1. Farrah Estrella

March 21, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Thanks Kimberly for your comment, I'm glad you liked the collection I love it as well..=)..Good luck!!
      Farrah-

• Nikinnia P

March 21, 2014 at 10:05 pm

This collection was a refreshing change to see for Lane Bryant. It was young, hip, and trendy unlike the stores' previous selections. I will definitely be visiting LB more often now to check out what new arrivals they have from these designers! Great write up Farrah!

1. Farrah Estrella

March 21, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Thanks Nikki for your comment , I agree with the collection was very trendy and hip. Good luck with the contest!!
      Farrah-

• Knick Knacker

March 22, 2014 at 1:54 am

This collection is so beautiful. Looks 2-4 that you posted are my favorite. So glad you enjoyed your trip, and you look gorgeous in that black dress! xoAndra

1. Farrah Estrella

March 22, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Thanks Andra!! yes I love the collection too. Good luck with the contest!!

• Anonymous

March 22, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Clean, Classy, Cool looks throughout the entire show. The ladies looked liked they had a "fashionable" fun frenzy time. Also the accessories was on point and attainable

1. Farrah Estrella

March 22, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Yeah the accesories were on point..Thanks for your comment!!

• suzette banzo

March 22, 2014 at 8:09 pm

What a beautiful collection…classic, timeless pieces mixed in with some edgy ones. I love that you wore the black lace dress to the show and we got to see how it looks on a curvier figure. I want some of those sunnies, and of course that domino necklace.

1. Farrah Estrella

March 22, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Thank you Suzette for your comment, I'm glad you liked the collection I did too. Good luck!!
      Farrah-

• Dori’s World

March 23, 2014 at 1:56 am

Very nice collection…

1. Farrah Estrella

March 23, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Thanks Dori for your comment!!

• Jehanne Jay Jackson #WomenWCurves

March 23, 2014 at 4:33 am

I love the use of the black and white colors.I must say that it was interesting to see that most of the outfits were cinched at the waist with a belt. I really adore the use of belts. Because the outfit then becomes more flexible to your size whether you gain or loose.

1. Farrah Estrella

March 23, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Me too Jehanne, I love the colors and I loe belts too..=)
      Farrah-

• Farrah Estrella

March 23, 2014 at 2:27 pm

I put all your names in a bowl and the winner of the Lane Bryant Isabel Toledo Goddie Bag is Suzette Banzo!! Thanks ladies for participating in the contest. Suzzette email me so I get your information and mail it..=)